Donald Trump uses the POTUS account to accuse Twitter of banning free speech after being banned from US News

0
76

[ad_1]

Donald Trump has accused Twitter of “banning free speech” in a tweet on the POTUS account hours after he was banned from the platform.

On the previous Friday, the social media company had permanently blocked the president’s @ realDonaldTrump account and deleted all of his old tweets.

Trump's Twitter account is permanently banned
Picture:
Trump’s Twitter account is permanently banned

The Twitter security account published shortly thereafter: “After a thorough examination of the last tweets from the @realDonaldTrump We have permanently blocked the account and the context around it due to the risk of further incitement to violence. “

It comes after Mr Trump was similarly banned from Facebook and Instagram Riots in the US Capitol On Wednesday.

In response, Mr Trump posted a series of tweets from the @POTUS account accusing the company of “continuing to prohibit freedom of speech”.

The quickly deleted tweet
Picture:
Part of the quick deleted tweet

The sprawling tweets were quickly deleted, but not before screenshots were taken and shared online.

The message went on, “Twitter staff have been voting with the Democrats and the radical left to remove my account from their platform to silence me – and YOU, the 75,000,000 great … patriots, the voted for me. “

He said he was considering building his own social media platform in the near future and ended the post by saying, “We’re not going to be silenced!”

Please use the Chrome browser for a more accessible video player

Trump promises “smooth transfer of power”

Twitter said the ban was the result of two tweets posted by the president on Friday that went against the glorification of the politics of violence.

The first was, “The 75,000,000 Great American Patriots who voted for me, AMERICA FIRST, and MAKE AMERICA BIG AGAIN, will continue to have a HUGE VOTE. They will not in any way, shape, or form disregarded or treated unfairly! ” !! “

The second offensive tweet read: “For all those who asked, I will not go to the inauguration on January 20th.”

Twitter said the two messages “would most likely encourage and inspire people to repeat the criminal acts in the US Capitol”.

The social media giant said its assessment of the tweets indicated that they were “received by a number of its supporters as further confirmation that the election was illegitimate” and viewed as a “rejection” of its earlier claim that it was would give an “orderly transition”. January 20, when President-elect Joe Biden takes over.

In addition, Twitter said its second tweet on Friday “could also serve as an encouragement to those potentially considering acts of violence that the inauguration would be a” safe “target.

Mr Trump has no plans to do so attend Mr. Biden’s inaugurationHe is the first president in more than 150 years – and only the fourth in US history – to miss the occasion.

Twitter first suspended Trump’s account for 12 hours on Wednesday after posting a video repeating false claims of election fraud and praising the rioters who stormed the Capitol.

It performed prominently Democrats are pushing for his removal from officeunder the 25th amendment.

Five people were killed in the violence, including a police officer Brian Sicknick, who was seriously injured “during physical confrontation with demonstrators”.

Please use the Chrome browser for a more accessible video player

Biden: Trump’s inauguration is a good thing.

Meanwhile, Twitter said plans for future armed protests had already started to multiply on and off the platform, including a planned secondary attack on the Capitol on Jan. 17.

Previously, they had permanently banned two Trump loyalists – former national security adviser Michael Flynn and lawyer Sidney Powell.

It was part of a broader purge of accounts that promoted the QAnon conspiracy theory, whose supporters made up a large part of the rioters.

The company also said Trump attorney Lin Wood was permanently suspended on Tuesday for violating his rules, but did not provide any additional details.

Separately, the Democrats planned to indict Mr Trump a second time and impeachment procedures were expected to begin on Monday.

One draft resolution accuses Mr Trump of abuse of power, “deliberately making statements that encouraged – and predictably led to – imminent lawless action in the Capitol.”



[ad_2]

Source link

Thank You For Visiting. Please Support This Site By SHARING And Following Us In The Social Networks.

Leave a Comment