The Seattle woman was arrested in the trash 23 years after her son died



A Seattle woman was arrested last week after DNA evidence allegedly identified her as the mother of an infant found dead in a gas station trash can more than 23 years ago.

The woman, identified as Christine Marie Warren by local KIRO7 sales outlet, was admitted to King County Jail Thursday on suspicion of murder.

Investigators used information from a public genealogy website to link the woman, now 50, to the possible murder of her newborn son in 1997, Seattle police said.

The child, then dubbed “Baby Boy Doe” by the local press, was discovered in the trash can of a 24-hour supermarket in Lake City on November 20, 1997, the Seattle Times reported.

The King County Medical Examiner’s Office found that he had been born alive two days earlier and ruled that his death was murder.

A surveillance photo, believed to be of the baby’s mother at the gas station, gave hundreds of tips during the initial investigation, but the police “couldn’t identify” the woman in the pictures.

DNA evidence found at the crime scene was entered into the Washington State Patrol Crime Lab database, but no match was found.

Detectives began investigating the common cold again in 2018 and asked “DNA sniff” Barbara Rae-Venter, who solved the mystery of the Golden State Killer, for help to narrow the search down to Warren, according to KIRO7.

SPD detectives began re-investigating the death, obtained information from a public genealogy website, and found a woman who both had a possible DNA match and matched the description of the woman seen on the gas station surveillance footage
Christine Marie Warren was admitted to King County Jail Thursday on suspicion of murder.
Seattle Police Department

Warren had voluntarily put her DNA in an open genealogy database and chose not to keep her data private, the report said.

Undercover detectives sent her a letter using an envelope she’d returned by licking the stamp to confirm that her DNA matched the baby’s.

Warren, who would have been 27 at the time the boy was born, was held on $ 10,000 bail at her first court appearance on Friday.

It is unclear what she will ultimately be charged with. The statute of limitations on manslaughter is three years, which has expired, and there is no statute of limitations on criminal offenses, according to prosecutors.

The prosecution should make an indictment decision by Tuesday.

With postal wires


Source link

Thank You For Visiting. Please Support This Site By SHARING And Following Us In The Social Networks.

Leave a Comment