Twitter blocks 70,000 with QAnon | linked accounts US news

0
65


Twitter has banned 70,000 accounts related to the far right conspiracy movement QAnon amid violence in the US Capitol last week.

The social media platform announced that it has begun permanently deleting shared accounts QAnon Content on Friday follows Riots in Washington DC On Wednesday.

Several cases have been identified of a person operating multiple accounts to “share malicious QAnon-related content on a large scale” and “promote this conspiracy theory” Twitter.

“More than 70,000 accounts have been blocked since Friday due to our efforts, with many cases of a single person operating multiple accounts,” a spokesman confirmed Tuesday.

QAnon is a right-wing conspiracy movement that claims President Donald Trump fights a global pedophile ring made up of members of the US Democratic Party.

Supporters believe that someone in the group known as Q is posting cryptic messages online for them in preparation for overthrowing the supposedly evil cabal.

Many of those who stormed and looted the Capitol Building to prevent Congress from confirming Joe Biden’s election victory are supporters of QAnon.

Mr Trump is known to support the group and previously referred to them as “people who love our country”.

Twitter says it “aggressively uses” a combination of technology and human intervention to weed out harmful content related to the US election.

It is said that no account is recommended that has tweeted or retweeted QAnon news, and nothing that violates its rules can appear on its trending lists.

As of Tuesday, people will no longer be able to retweet, like or reply to posts that violate the “Citizen Integrity Policy”.

Picture:
Jake Angeli, known as QAnon ‘Shaman’, is pictured at the Capitol during the riot

But they will be able to quote them, offer a different perspective, or put them in context, the spokesperson added.

Twitter, Facebook and Instagram have suspended Mr Trump’s accounts after he was accused of instigating the violence that broke out in Washington last week.

While he can no longer tweet himself, his deputy chief of staff is Dan Scavino posted on his behalf last week: “Even if I do not agree with the election result at all and the facts confirm me, there will still be an orderly transition on January 20th.

“I have always said we would continue our fight to ensure that only legal votes are counted. While this marks the end of the greatest first term in the history of the president, it is only the beginning of our fight to make America great again ! “

He also used the official POTUS account to accuse the platform of “Prohibition of Freedom of Speech” over the weekend.



Source link

Thank You For Visiting. Please Support This Site By SHARING And Following Us In The Social Networks.

Leave a Comment