Two Yemeni men arrested at the border on the FBI’s terror watch list
Two Yemeni men on the FBI’s terror watch list have been arrested in recent months for illegally entering the United States from Mexico, federal authorities said on Monday.
The men, aged 33 and 26, were blown up in various incidents near the port of entry in Calexico, California, on January 29 and March 30, respectively, according to Customs and Border Protection.
The elderly man was found with a cell phone SIM card under the insole of his shoe, CBD said.
Records made after both men were caught showed they were on a government watch list for terrorist suspects and a no-fly list, the authorities said.
CBD did not reveal the identity of men.
According to the FBI, the terror watch list includes people who are known or suspected to be involved in terrorist activities.
The news of the arrests comes as the number of migrants traveling to the US-Mexico border has increased since President Joe Biden took office. This poses a challenge to its administration, as unaccompanied minors are to be accommodated in large numbers.
And last month, Republican lawmakers traveling the southern border, citing customs and border guards, said some suspected terrorists were on their way to the crossing.
With postal wires
Thank You For Visiting. Please Support This Site By SHARING And Following Us In The Social Networks.